Power Edwin on
Power on Edwin by pressing his heart. His head will glow and he will greet you with a 'Quack!'
Power Edwin off
Press and hold Edwin's heart until his head glows once to make him take a nap.
Turn on Edwin's LED nightlight
Tap Edwin firmly on the wing to toggle his night light on and off.
If you have the Edwin Sleepy Time app, you can use the yellow button at the bottom of the screen to cycle Edwin through different levels of brightness.
Pairing Edwin with the app
- 1. Turn on Edwin by pressing his heart. His heart should blink green to indicate that he is in pairing mode.
- 2. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your device.
- 3. Open the app and wait a few seconds. Edwin's heart should begin to blink red, indicating that he is now paired.
Pairing Edwin as a Bluetooth Speaker
- 1. Power on Edwin by pressing his heart. His heart should blink green to indicate that he is in pairing mode.
- 2. Go to settings on your device.
- 3. Enable Bluetooth, your device will then scan for available connections.
- 4. Select Edwin. Once paired, his heart will beat red. Once short, then once long. Edwin is now paired successfully.
- Some of us are visual learners! To see how to do this on YouTube watch our short video!
Heart Color Indicators
Blinking red heart
You have successfully paired Edwin to your device and his app.
Blinking yellow heart
Edwin's battery is running low. He needs a nap on his nest.
Blinking green heart
Edwin is powered on and ready to connect to your device (pairing mode).
What devices are compatible with Edwin's App?
- iPhone®: version 4S or higher
- iPod touch®: 5th generation or higher
- iPad®: 3rd generation or higher
- iPad mini™: all versions
Can I use Edwin on more than one device?
You can install and connect Edwin to an unlimited number of compatible devices. However, your Edwin will only connect to one at a time, to avoid sibling rivalry.
Can I use Edwin with my Android device?
Yes! Edwin's Android app is compatible with Android versions 4.4.2 and higher. For optimal app experience, Android users must update Edwin's Firmware and optimize Edwin with the proper settings. We have put together these simple instructions to assist you.
How long does it take to fully charge Edwin?
Allow a 3-hour nap on his nest to rejuvenate Edwin. You can take one too.
How do I know how much battery is left on Edwin?
When successfully paired with the app (heart beats red), you can see the battery level indicator in the app. A yellow beating heart indicates low battery.
How long does Edwin's Battery last?
Under normal usage, Edwin can keep up with your child for about 8 hours.
How durable is Edwin?
Extremely. Edwin can take most tantrums in his stride. He is a very tolerant duckie.
What is Edwin made of? Is he safe to chew on?
Edwin is made of BPA-free soft-feel silicone. He is 100% safe to chew on, but please keep him away from your dog.
How do I care for Edwin? What if he gets dirty?
Edwin enjoys lots of love and attention, but he may also require cleaning from time to time. We suggest sharing a bath to conserve water. Use a mild soap with a clean, damp cloth.
HOW WATERPROOF IS EDWIN?
There is a difference between water-resistant and waterproof. Edwin is waterproof and submersible. He can play in a bath, swimming pool, hot tub, sink, lake, or pond.
Do I ever need to open up Edwin from underneath to change the batteries?
How do I turn on the LED nightlight?
You can toggle the night light on and off by tapping firmly on Edwin's wing. A separate app for sleepy time with additional night light and sleep sound settings is coming soon.
How many apps are available with Edwin?
Our library of content is ever-expanding. We strongly encourage you to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed of content and additional app releases.
Edwin is locked in an interaction and cannot proceed
Exit out of the app and completely close it by double-tapping on your home screen and swiping the app up. Power Edwin off by pushing his heart button for a few seconds, then restart him.