With the historic running of the 100th Indy 500 coming up, many families are packing the car and flocking to Indianapolis! While the race may only last a few hours, Indy has more than enough attractions to entertain the whole family for days. So pack up, leave early and stay late -Indianapolis awaits!
Stuck on where to start? Being an Indy native himself, Edwin knows the ins and outs of what the city has to offer and wants you to know what he loves most!
Here are a few of Edwin’s favorite places:
- The Indianapolis Motor Speedway – It’s only right that the IMS tops the list! It’s the highest-capacity sports venue in the world and has a museum, event venue and golf course on the infield alone. Edwin loves the bird’s eye view.
- Main Street, Downtown Carmel – Other than his home nest, Edwin loves this main Carmel drag for all of its fun shops, restaurants, ice-cream parlors, salons, and parks. With easy access on the Monon Trail, it’s a great destination for families who want to get outside and take a walk or bike ride. Whether you shop around, get some food, or just admire the street art, it’s easy to see why Main Street made Edwin’s list.
- The Indianapolis Children’s Museum- At 472,900 square-feet, and 11 major galleries, it is the largest children’s museum in the world. Edwin loves exploring all the exhibits while learning about science, history and world cultures. He especially loves the dinosaur exhibit. Come see what the “peaking dinosaurs” are looking at!
- The Canal Walk- Like all good ducks, Edwin loves canals! Especially when they’re lined with sidewalks, restaurants, cafés, museums and gondolas!
- The Indianapolis Zoo – Last, but certainly not least, is the Indy Zoo. Come and see over 250 species of Edwin’s exotic friends! This zoo is the first to be accredited as a zoo, aquarium and botanical garden! The only thing greater than its state of the art exhibits are its strides in animal conservation.
Heading to Indianapolis for the race but don’t yet have your yellow travel companion? Stop by your local Apple Store and snag Edwin before hitting the road!